Monday, July 5, 2010

1st Post for actors! An introduction

Hi, actors! My name is Steven Horwich. This is a blog for you! In it, I'll be posting articles all about that thing that you are either already doing, or about to do - acting! This is oriented toward those of you who are pros already, or who want to become professional. It is for actors for the stage and screen.

Quickly, I have been in this business for nearly 40 years. I appeared in leads in over 150 stage productions in Los Angeles when I was "younger". I've directed well over 200 stage productions, as well as some film and TV. I have an Emmy Award as a writer and director, and Dramalogue Awards (Los Angeles) for writing, directing, set design, and music and lyric writing. I've had my shows produced all over the world, and have directed productions throughout the United States, in Canada, and even in Russia. I've taught acting for over 35 years at the University level, in High Schools, and in my professional workshop in Los Angeles.

So, what do I know that you want to know? What do I know that you NEED to know to keep your career going, or to jump start it? That info will fill a lot of posts! This is just an introduction. If you want to know what I know - if your career as an actor is important to you, and receiving free and useful info on how to audition, how to prep for a job, how to ACT is going to be helpful to you...read my posts. I'll offer an enormous amount of advice, as well as interesting links to interviews and materials you will want to know about. What else will be discussed here? Nothing, if it isn't directly related to acting.

My experience and ideas will be at your disposal here. Why? Because actors are important, and the art of acting is (in my opinion) in decline. Let's make sure together that acting gets better, and that it remains an important art!

Looking forward to sharing the concepts I've taught many actors over the decades with you.

Steven Horwich

No comments:

Post a Comment